May 5, 2022
- Fix for diagnostics capture failing on trying to capture diags from removed service.
April 25, 2022
- Opening log paths that contain uppercase characters on Linux was failing. We are now able to open those files.
- Logs on the column view of a trace have been found! They missed you and decided to rejoin the party.
- Log display thought there was json data embedded in all the places, it wasn't.
- The badge presentation for things like db, web external, language etc... has been fixed.
- Complex traces containing async calls would create overlaps of text on the flame charts of a trace view. We've updated that to display cleanly.
- Some places
ctrl|cmd+clickwould cause a new window to open and show nothing. The new window was orphaned. We found a home for those new windows and you won't have to see them anymore.
March 31, 2022
v5.7.0 & v5.7.1
- Introducing Distributed Transactions. Several of our profilers now support distributed tracing and Prefix will show it to you. Learn more about it here. Transactions will have its own tab, summary lists and be able to be imported and exported individually or collectively just like traces. Find it next to the Requests Tab.
Distributed Transactions are not available for all languages at this time. Please see documentation here for current support. As more profilers are updated to support Distributed Transactions they will be made available through installer updates here in Prefix or through the standard language profiler updates available elsewhere.
The upgrade system has been redesigned to support upgrading prefix and profilers separately. On the Versions page you will see a list of all the installed or available packages. The installed version number will be displayed and the upgrade button will be available per package along with any version notes if available. Current packages available are Prefix, Php, DotNet and Java. Linux installations will require you to install profilers separate from Prefix installation.
Elevated | Sudo Required
Elevated or Sudo permissions may be required when installing the packages. In Windows, the installers will prompt for elevation. In Linux and Mac, Prefix will prompt for your sudo password if prompted. The password is not stored or logged within Prefix, but passed through to the underlying shell command running the installation.
February 8, 2022
- Importing a trace from Retrace sometimes failed, we fixed this scenario.
- The App Preferences page wasn't loading successfully... Now it does.
- Windows: The StackifyPrefix & Stackify_Prefix_Env environment variables will now be removed on uninstall.
January 12, 2022
- Windows: Recent Documents have been added to the jump list. Quickly reopen a log or trace you imported.
- MacOs: Recent Documents have been added to the App Menu. Look under
Prefix => Open Recentto see the list and reopen a log or trace you imported.
- Trial Extensions are now working. After Support extends the trial press the refresh button next to the Trial Id on the Account Page.
- Sometimes the loading message didn't clear when double pressing buttons on occasion.
- Several minor UI bugs... like not copying the right value to the clipboard.
- Linux: The casing of the image was fixed and now it shows up.
- Windows: PHP profiler installation has been fixed.
- Windows Uninstall: environment variables are now cleaned up on uninstall.