What System Configuration Changes are Made?
Depending on which programming language you are using and your exact configuration, this will vary a little.
Configure Changes for .NET
Note: Using the Prefix UI to disable the profiler will remove the registry and environment keys for profiling
IIS related config changes:
- StackifyHttpModule is added to the GAC
- StackifyHttpModule is added to the IIS Express global config file
- StackifyHttpModule is added to the IIS config file (if IIS is installed)
- If you added the StackifyHttpModule to your IIS Express applicationHost.config or web.config, then those may also have been changed
- Registry keys are changed to enable the profiler to the following keys.
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Environment HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IISADMIN\Environment HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WAS\Environment
Environment variable changes:
- Environment variables are set at the system level to enable profiling: COR_PROFILER & Cor_Enable_Profiling
- Environment variables set for detection by various Stackify products that APM/Prefix is running: StackifyPath, StackifyIsPrefix & StackSquatchUpdated
Note: Other profiling type tools may also change some of these same registry settings which can cause conflicts and prevent Prefix from working.